Visitor:2161745

Update Date:2021-09-23

September 23 2021 GMT+8:00

:::
WTO Members Adopt Fewer Trade Restriction Measures
  • Source:Bureau of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Economic Affairs
  • Published Date:2020-12-28
  • Effective Date:2020-12-28

The World Trade Organization's 12/11 report on annual trade-related developments indicates that WTO members have imposed significantly fewer trade-restrictive measures over the past year to address the decline in trade due to COVID-19.

WTO members have adopted 335 COVID-19 related measures on goods since the outbreak of the pandemic, of which 58 percent have been of trade-facilitating nature, covering about USD 227 billion of goods trade, while the other 42 percent have been trade-restrictive, covering trade worth USD 180 billion. 

The WTO said the trade coverage of members’ import-facilitating measures over the past year has climbed to USD 731.3 billion (up from USD 544.7 billion in the previous period) while that of the import-restrictive measures has dropped to USD 440.9 billion (down from USD 746.9 billion in the previous period).

 

SOURCE: https://www.wto.org/english/news_e/news20_e/trdev_11dec20_e.htm

 

Send This Page To Your Friend.Send This Page To Your Friend.

Subject: WTO Members Adopt Fewer Trade ...
Content: The World Trade Organizations 12/11 report on annual trade-related developments indicates that WTO m...
驗證碼